Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Costume Considerations for the upcoming Lebowski Fest season

I love it when an unexpected reference surprises me when doing something completely unrelated to The Big Lebowski.

For example, today I was reading my way through the Sports Blogs on Yahoo (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs) which, among many topics, mentioned that Philadelphia Phillies Outfielder Jayson Werth shaved his significant beard.

I had the opportunity to draft Mr. Werth in my league's fantasy baseball draft two Sundays ago, but chose not to... And after I saw the below photoshopped picture the Yahoo! Big League Stew blog I'm really starting to regret it:


(photo taken from http://www.thegoodphight.com/2010/2/22/1322229/jayson-werths-beard-is-killing-it)

I can see your anxious for me to get to the point.
(nobody is here to hear me second guess fantasy drafting strategies)

Beard growth is important.
There's a friend here in Chicago that I've told can "grow a Walter quality beard." He is hesitant because of a wedding he must go to in August. Thankfully, Chicago's Fest is not until September!

At the 7th Annual Lebowski Fest I bowled with this lovely married couple:

For me, it was heartwarming that the wife put up with the husband growing a true Jesus goatee. She readily admitted that she was eagerly anticipating it's era ending the day after the Fest.

On the other hand, there really isn't any planning involved if you want a Dude beard. I honestly think that's more of a lifestyle choice - I'm certain that the best Dude beards take years. So if you want to really accent your Walter or Jesus costume at one of the many upcoming Lebowski Fests - start thinking about when you're going to step away from the razor.



As for me personally? Even though I'm 31 years old I would need to take 3 months off of work (to not only start an attempt at beard growing, but to start hormone injections) to consider a venture like this... As for all you Special Lady Friends out there, you'll just have to decide a level of commitment? I've seen women use makeup, use glue'n'stache, marker, etc...

Happy growing.[TQ]

No comments:

Post a Comment