Saturday, May 15, 2010

An Open Letter to Dwight Howard

Dear Mr. Howard,

I see you rolled your way into the semis. Dios mio man.

It's a shame that your NBA Eastern Conference Final schedule conflicts with the first ever Lebowski Fest in the Sunshine State. I'm rooting for you Mr. Howard. You are one of the NBA's best personalities. Like you, I also blog. Unlike you, my blogs don't lead to exorbitant fines. I hope your Orlando Magic jump out to a 2-0 lead before the series takes you to Boston for Game 3 on Saturday June 22.

If your team does in fact jump out to that series lead, I think you should reward yourself with a nice movie... Might I suggest the Lebowski Fest Movie Party at the Orlando House of Blues? Yes, I realize that Game 3 is scheduled for the following night in Boston, and that you'll probably be flying that evening. But you draw a lot of water for that team - I'm sure you can convince the team to fly out first thing on Saturday. Isn't that why the team owns it's own plane anyways? To allow you these options once they present themselves?

Lebowski Fest is really up your alley Mr. Howard. You obviously are a fan of both movies and wearing costumes:


Okay, so I understand my request is very unrealistic. Let me just, at the very least, invite you to any of the upcoming Lebowski Fests.

(For the rest of you, especially those living near Orlando, you should get your tickets now.)

May 21 - Movie Party - Punk Creedence covers by The Attack followed by a screening of The Big Lebowski. House of Blues Orlando. $15 General Admission / $20 Seated. Doors at 7pm. Show at 8pm. All Ages.

May 22 - Bowling Party - Bowling, costume, trivia and other contests. Bowling and shoe rental is included with ticket. Bowling is general admission and not guaranteed. $25 adv / $28 day of @ Aloma Bowl. 2530 Aloma Avenue, Winter Park, FL 32792. 6pm to 10pm. All Ages.

Tickets are available locally in Orlando at Park Ave CD's (2919 Corrine Drive) or online. Mark it on Facebook (At the time I'm writing this, 284 have RSVP'd as attending)[TQ]

No comments:

Post a Comment