Thursday, June 17, 2010

4 Weeks Until Lebowski Fest


We're within a month Achievers & Amateurs!

A quick update on the topic of my last post: the "Bring Liam to Lebowski Fest - Lousisville" initiative. The page has grown to over 25% of what is needed to reach the stated goal of 500 "likes." I wish I knew the equivalent of throwing Facebook a fancy briefcase full of phonebooks to increase that number. At this point, I think everybody who reads my LEBLOGSKI posts has already "liked" the page. Don't want to get all "Her life is in your hands" on yeah, but... I think everyone is gonna have to campaign if it's gonna happen.

Speaking of topics from posts' past - Remember when I wrote an Open Letter to Bill Green? Well, it turns out the Bald & Brilliant (attributes listed in no particular order) Bill Green will be classing up the joint: He'll be at the 9th Annual Lebowski Fest. Here's a sneak peak at a statement I'll be trying to say to him in Louisville:
Excuse me, uh, sir... Did you happen to see a blog post I wrote about incorporating the awesome City Flag of Chicago into a potential poster for the next Chicago Fest? Oh, no? That's cool that's cool... Take it easy...
In other Lebowski Fest related news: If you are in Louisville the night before the start of the Fest[ivities], Carmichael's Bookstore is having something up your proverbial alley. Check out the bookstore's website for info on a discussion / book signing event including the authors of The Year's Work in Lebowski Studies.

Not to be in competition or anything, but I'm considering sitting at a small folding table in the Executive Strike & Spare Parking Lot a few hours before the Movie Party begins. I'll have printed out posts my LEBLOGSKI efforts for use in spitting out your chewing gum and throwing out moments before your first oat soda.[TQ]
(countdown design by www.thinknik.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment