Thursday, June 10, 2010

All About Liam (5 Weeks Until Lebowski Fest)


This post is dedicated to Jim Hoosier - the man, or dare I say Lebowski Fest Legend, who portrayed the stoic bowling partner of Jesus Quintana. A character we all know and love as Liam. Jim "Liam" Hoosier has taken ownership of this character with the zeal best personified in his classic "ball polishing "scene. About two years ago, I met Jim for the first time. I remember being so happy to have my picture taken with him. Also, I remember how Jim/Liam didn't hesitate at all to abide in my photo request. The smiles here are genuine:



I didn't know it then, but it would be nearly a year and a half until the next time I saw Jim. Amazingly, by now we were both friends on Facebook (I remember running around the office gloating, "Dude, 'Liam' from The Big Lebowski actually requested MY friendship on Facebook. Mark it!" This second time I saw Jim also currently remains the last time I saw him. It was in Chicago at its 2009 Lebowski Fest Speed of Sound Tour stop. It was then I took the best video of those nights that didn't involve the amazing Burlesque dancers of Vaudezilla:



I can see you're anxious for me to get to the point.
When will I see Liam next? I'm hoping it's in five weeks, at the 9th Annual Lebowski Fest. A campaign, petition, what have you has started on Facebook. I urge you to "like" Bring Liam to Lebowski Fest - Louisville. One of the Founding Dudes of Lebowski Fest is reported to say that if this page gets 500 "likes" there is a "GREAT chance Liam will be there!!" (I'm assuming this means the Founding Dudes will check with their accountant and see if they can squeeze in a plane ticket from The City of Angles to Louisville into their budget)

As I'm writing this, we need 435 more "Likes"
Click the below screen shot to take you to it, now.[TQ]



(countdown design by www.thinknik.com)

1 comment:

  1. It looks like Hoosier plays a small role in The Town. He's not in the imdb credits, but I couldn't find the character either. Am I right?

    ReplyDelete