Sunday, September 12, 2010

Achiever Wardrobe Malfucntion

For those that don't know, I actually discovered www.lebowskifest.com because I wanted that poster over The Dude's bar. I bought that poster, and soon a shirt, before immersing myself in the Forum.

At first, I only read from afar - never posting. After much envy, I finally attended a Lebowski Fest when they came to my backyard. Some stranger, no not an actual Stranger, asked if I had ever been to the one in Louisville. The next July I was in Louisville.

Countless friends, and remarkable experiences later - not to mention a crazy fan email asking about a blog - I am now posting on the site and am about to attend my 6th Fest this weekend when it returns to Chicago.


That shirt I mentioned earlier, I love it. Without a doubt it is a "first string shirt" that I intentionally wear to special occasions. I wore it to when I first saw Radiohead live (where somebody yelled to me, "Hey!!! The Dude Abides! " and I replied with my usual, "And a good day to you sir!") and to the Golden Gate Bridge.


Last month I wore it to a company outing to Wrigley Field. That night I had made a poor judgment call by trying to make it through an opening that wasn't exactly pedestrian friendly and punctured my absolute favorite shirt. I had felt like I had failed to achieve, even in the modest task that was my charge.

(Not since I had ripped my Foo Fighters, first ever concert t-shirt, had I felt instant regret and sadness at a wardrobe malfunction)

But fear not! As if the Founding Dudes had sensed the calamity, they have recently unveiled a new Achiever Shirt! (Black. Darker'n a black steer's tookus on a moonless prairie night.)


So I'm actually faced with quite a conundrum: What should I replace it with? I love the Royal Blue classic edition, but understand the new Black model will easily go with more formal attire. Then again, you have the Visible Green counterpart that I know many prefer.

Which should I choose? Thankfully, all three options should be available at the Merch stand this weekend at Lebowski Fest Chicago 2010.

I will be there, will you?[TQ]

No comments:

Post a Comment