Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My favorite 10 pictures from Lebowski Fest Chicago 2010

Honestly, I think I set a record low as far as how many pictures I took the past Friday & Saturday during Lebowski Fest Chicago. Part of it is because many more people take better pictures and it's increasingly easier to find other people's albums on Facebook.

With that disclaimer, like Lebowski Fest Chicago, now behind us here are my top ten favorite pictures (in no particular order) from my own personal camera:


Over the line!


This Walter didn't win "Best Walter" but I appreciated the effort in detail with show dog picture.


One of the first top tier costumes I saw during the Bowling Party. Admittedly, the fact that this is a couple dressing up together touched a soft spot (Well yes, what did you think this was all about? Fun and games?)


The Golfer has been done before, and by many people (yours truly included). However, this costume was by far the best executed. She had it won for me at the Argyle socks - but the golf bag to boot was icing on the visor topped cake.


Those that attended the 9th Annual Lebowski Fest in Louisville were introduced to the unveiling of "Hot Ass Maggie" as a method to showcase a blanket toss. I have the feeling this group costume idea will become a Lebowski Fest mainstay.


I think I heard the Founding Dudes say that this past weekend was the 40th or so Fest. Which means anytime you hear them say, "Lebowski Fest First" when it comes to a costume it's quite extraordinary. It's also a great costume because you'd only know this was a costume once inside a Lebowski Fest. (And for those of you wanting to be a Trivia champion - don't forget the name Irene Olga López.)


In what the Founding Dudes called another LF-First, what you have here is the Corvette of Larry Sellers' neighbor. Oh, and that's a giant crowbar. Bonus points for the "Do you see what happens, Larry" sticker on the car. (They also won brownie points for giving me my personal Fest highlight: they said they've actually read these posts to me!)


Lebowski Fest Chicago 2010 set itself apart from the others in how the Best Costume Finalists SOLD their characters. Each were given the microphone and nearly all of them exponentially added to their costume with brilliant performance. Knox Harrington, the video artist, has been done before (yes yes) and even by people who look more like David Thewlis, but none of them got out a phone to talk to Sandra and laugh like this character!


I urge everyone to find better angles of this, Best Costume winning, costume. See if you can figure it out by from the clues such as "tripped on a cloud" and "tore my mind on a jagged sky." Some of the best, next level, costumes cause everyone to pause to think through the process. The one aspect of this costume that pictures won't be able to translate is how this man took the microphone and led the entire Bowling Party in a sing-a-long to his costume. After that, he walked off the stage the winner.


Finally, one gratuitous picture of myself.[TQ]

1 comment:

  1. Just Dropped in is my fiance. I have a few complete pictures of the costume on facebook, hopefully you can access them through this link:
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2827951&id=2247462

    ReplyDelete