Saturday, July 18, 2009

Underappreicated Costumes Part 1

Not everyone can be a "Best Costume" finalist at a Lebowski Fest.
It's very easy, say if you're on a far bowling lane or the the judges are otherwise distracted, to fly under the radar.
There is so much going on at a Lebowski Fest, you need the After Fest Debrief Photo Share to see what you missed.

For example, I missed all the times the Chief of Police of Malibu flung a Dude backwards on a chair (and by the looks of the pictures it happened to more than one Dude). I also missed the wonderful Bunny, very free-spirited, offering her toes for the blowing.

In case you missed it, here is one of my favorite costumes form this past Annual Fest in Louisville:



I was behind her in line getting into the bowling party.
For longer than I'd like to admit, I couldn't figure out the costume.
My mind was not limber enough.
She looked like somewhat of a dog - was guessing she might be Thurston.
(That's the correct answer for who Walter "didn't" bring bowling for those of you that got tripped up in the first round of Trivia)

I asked her for help and she eagerly turned around and said,
"This is a fucking show dog with fucking papers."

And when she turned around I saw what was pinned to her shirt:


The Fucking Papers (literal connection)

That's marvelous. Also brilliant.

Then the story got a tad better. She told me her husband got into the costume finals last year.
This the husband of the FSDw/FP:

"Not on the rug man"
(Top photo from me, bottom photo by LF Fisheye expert Greg, The Mayor)

It really pulls at my romantic heart strings and gives me my own hope that my special lady friend may be out there when I see an example of a Marriage featuturing two overAchievers when it comes to costume creativity. (The Louisville couple of The Dude and Mrs. Jamtoss also fall into this category)

Sadly, it looked like her husband was slightly injured and was hobbling a tad.
I was polite and didn't ask him if he got hurt by some Chinaman in Korea or when Taking the Hill.

Everyone who was not in Louisville, instead waiting for the Speed of Sound Tour to roll into their town are at a great advantage:
-You can see the level of Achiever creativity.
-You know how high the bar is set.

I kindly ask for you to achieve, in the following modest task which is your charge:
-Take a lot of pictures, Especially of people you don't know or don't understand.

I won't be at any of the West Coast locations, but will be eagerly waiting to see which pictures are posted.[TQ]

No comments:

Post a Comment