Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's weakness is vanity.

Happy Father's Day. Today's the day when Fathers are allowed to be vain - and how proud we are of all of them - for they've earned it.

I'm not a Father myself, but I can assure you if I ever get a kid, it won't take me long to stuff that offspring into an Achiever Onesie.

Of course there are a lot of Father figures in The Big Lebowski, but none of them carry as much weight as Jeff Lebowski. The other Jeffrey Lebowski. The millionaire.

-Arthur Digby Sellers does not say a word (he has health problems)
-Bunny (Fawn Knudsen)'s father does not show up in L.A. (just sending his snoop Da Fino)
-And although we don't know if the neighbor man whose door Quintana had to knock on has a child: I like to think he is a loving father who wants to protect his children from the pederast.

Not to mention the metaphorical father figure that is The Stranger and the prospective fatherly role (or lack there of if Maude gets her way) The Dude will soon experience...[TQ]

No comments:

Post a Comment