Saturday, July 3, 2010

Top 3 Things You'll Need at a Lebowski Fest



Now that we're less than two weeks away from the 9th Annual Lebowski Fest in Louisville, I thought I'd share what I consider to be the three most important items you'll want to pack.

In my opinion, this list serves true whether this is your first or fourteenth Fest.

#1: Your tickets. Put'em in your wallet, or purse, or what have you! I remember the exact moment last year when I realized my tickets were on my desk: I was about halfway between Indianapolis and Louisville (which is about four hours from where my drive began). For about fifteen seconds I was doing the math in how long it would take for me to turn the car around... Eventually I mentally said fuck it Dude, and changed my route to the WHY Louisville store to buy'em again (but at least without any service fees).



This was especially painful to me as I had written a LEBLOGSKI post when I had received my tickets, and even took a stupid picture of them. Of course, if you haven't bought tickets yet - you should go to ticketweb, the aforementioned W.H.Y. Louisville store or ear X-tacy.

#2: Whatever device charges your camera (or device's battery). Yes, this is more important than remembering your actual camera. If you happen to forget your camera, you can always find a local Ralphs and pick up a cheap disposable camera (that is if you are still rocking the bag phone). Not to mention, forgetting your camera at home insures that you won't lose your camera at the Fest. (Every year, like Lebowski Fest War Casualties, cameras are left behind or lost or thrown high up into the air on a garden party blanket toss never to be found again)

Having a nice camera, with no power, will make you feel like a techno pop group of nihilists just cut off your johnson. Once again, this is a lesson that I learned the hard way. Please learn from my mistake - I had my camera die like Donny during the announcements of the Best Costume finalists.

#3: Cash (alternate spelling: CA$H). Yeah, this kind of a stark and cold item for a fun list - but true nonetheless. I'm not saying you won't be able to find a cash machine if you need to get $1,000 (or $100? Brandt I'm looking in your direction?), but it's kind of a pain. Not to mention I view the service charges random cash machines charge qualifies as "funny stuff" and is not to be tolerated. I'll be bringing unmarked non-consecutive twenties.

For the record, I haven't gone cashless at any Lebowski Fest. But I spend an odd amount of time trying to figure out how much cash is needed to purchase enough oat sodas to get me through a Fest. How much will you personally need? Well Dude, we just don't know.

I'm going to try to increase the frequency of my posts as we get closer to Friday July 16. A lot of new shit is coming to light and I want to keep y'all as updated as a lazy blogger can.[TQ]
(countdown design by www.thinknik.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment