Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Black Diamond Heavies: a brief introduction



Any band that lists Charles Bukowski as an influence, like Black Diamond Heavies does on their MySpace page, is a band I want to hear. (They also list "crazyass women" as another influence.)

I think everybody in attendance at the 8th Annual Lebowski Fest will be shocked at how much music just two people will produce... I specifically chose the word "music" to be intentionally general. I have the feeling this is a band that can only be described after experiencing.

It should be safe to say it won't be that "Great scene from Adventures in Babysitting when a young Elizabeth Shue sang the blues" kind of blues. This might be more a "what happens when sons of a Bourbon Distiller and Bible Preacher musically consummate while following less rules than in Vietnam" kind of blues.

You shouldn't need an extra reason to attend the next Lebowski Fest, but I just gave you one anyways.[TQ]

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Now I need to acquire some Black Diamond Heavies. I LOVED that clip TQ.

    ReplyDelete